Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oliver Rousteing new Designer at Balmain and new diffusion Line Pierre Balmain



Oliver Rousteig is the designer who will replace Christophe Decarnin at the french house of Balmain, Rousteign was already working for Balmain and previously worked at Roberto Cavali for five years. 
It's also been announced that Balmain will be launching a diffusion line, which will be called "Pierre Balmain",after the original designer, and will be more affordable and designed by a different team but supervised by Rousteing as well.
I definitely hope this new designer preserves the uniqueness and rock&roll factor that made Balmain had such a great comeback, I am also excited about the new line since "affordable" has never been a word we can use when we refer to anything with a Balmain tag. I mean I basically did not eat for about a week when I bought my nautical peacoat with gold buttons last winter, but it was such a good purchase...






No comments:

Post a Comment