Thursday, March 24, 2011

Carine Roitfeld to Style campaign and windows for Barneys

Carine Roitfeld by Hedi Slimane



According to WWD (Women Wear Daily) new Barneys CEO Mark Lee has hired ex-French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld to style catalogues and work on some window displays for the Barneys New York flagship store. This is the first official job for Roitfeld after her departure from French Vogue. I can't wait to see what Carine's vision and great eye for styling do for Barneys and how this translates into window displays ( out in september)



“Each day it’s changing,” Roitfeld said of the rumors. “One day I am going to Dior with Riccardo Tisci, the next day I am going to Saint Laurent with Hedi Slimane. I don’t think it’s very nice for the designer at Saint Laurent, and it’s just rumors. What I know is that I now have my freedom and I will keep my freedom forever. I am very excited to have this freedom and to have projects like the one at Barneys.” -She told  WWD 










No comments:

Post a Comment